Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Day Zero Fail

Yes, I made this in Paint.

I realized today that while working on #45 on my list - Blog Once a Week for Six Months - I actually missed a week where I did not post at all.

The purpose for my Day Zero Project was to have fun and try new things, and while that is definitely happening, I'm finding that a lot of my tasks are harder than I initially anticipated.  While this is good, and I do want to challenge myself, I realize that I don't really like the goals that have a time limit on them.  I love "Read 10 books I've been meaning to read," but I don't like "Cook dinner twice a week for a month."  The unfortunate thing about goals like that is, if you miss one week, or one night, you lose all your progress and have to start over.

Blogging once a week is really difficult!  Especially when you work 30 hours a week, go to school for another 6, go to the gym 4 days a week, and have an hour-long commute each way.  By the time I get home, I have no more energy left to spare.

I have decided that, instead of losing all of my progress on this task and starting over, I am going to extend it one week to make up for the one I missed.  I started this task on June 19, and the new end date is December 25.

I will not let this task defeat me!  Here's to two more months of blog posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment