Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Where The Wild Things Are

I can hardly wait for October 16, when Spike Jonze's Where The Wild Things Are finally comes out! I loved the book as a kid, even though I found it a little scary. Thankfully, I've grown up quite a bit, and am no longer afraid, but looking forward to it. In honor of the film, here are some Wild Things-inspired links for you to enjoy:

The Film
You can check out the trailers, some stills, and download a poster, if you're really into it.



The Book
If you've never read the original Where The Wild Things Are, you need to. Not only because it's so wonderful, but because you've been living under a rock!



The Art
I found this site (via Twig and Thistle) with beautiful art inspired by the book. You should definitely take a look. Here's one I liked:


Gregory Maguire, responsible for the book Wicked, wrote Making Mischief: A Maurice Sendak Appreciation. It basically talks about Sendak's genius and drawings, and it looks wonderful.



I hope you're as excited for the film as I am... I think it will be beautiful! Enjoy your Tuesday.

2 comments: