Wednesday, June 29, 2011

So Quotable

I love quotes.  I love it when my friends say hilarious things and I like to remember them.  What better way to do this than by writing things down?  I have what I call the "quote book," where I take down anything funny my friends say.  It serves other purposes as well, such as writing in poems I like, making lists, and placing stickers I want to hold on to.

The notebook itself.  Last names removed to protect the hilarious.

I've been writing down quotes since my freshman year of undergrad (fall of 2007), and it's only just over halfway full! That leaves many pages for more hilarious things to be said.  Here are some of my favorites:

"Ya'll's friendship sucks.  Wait - can I say that?" - Mary, my high school Sunday School teacher.

"I'm so existential.  I'm so I ♥ Huckabees right now." - Jeremiah, a friend from undergrad.

"Orthopedics... I had braces once." - Andrew, my current roommate.

"A comedian was making a job about it on TV and I was like, 'oh my God, I can't spell restaurant.'" - Sasha, a friend from grad school.

"I'm so original when I'm not with you." - Jill, my darling sister.

"I was this close to saying 'make me a sandwich woman.' ...That never works out well for me.  I'm always making my own sandwiches." - Chad, a friend from grad school.

"It's super.  Thanks for asking." - Jaime, a friend from grad school.

"He was like stale dough and now he's risen." - Lisa, a friend from grad school.

"The only thing I don't like about this camera is that I can't play Angry Birds." - Paul, Kevin's father.

"They all have their big ideas, like sparkling vampire! And dystopian bloodsport!" - Kevin, my boyfriend, on fantasy fiction.

Do you and your friends have inside jokes like these?  Do you ever document them?  Or am I just weird?

No comments:

Post a Comment