Friday, July 1, 2011

Day Zero Progress Report

Well it’s been almost a year since I started my Day Zero project!  I’ve had a lot of fun with it so far, and I am currently 11% done!  Now that’s not a lot, but that doesn’t include all of the things that are “in progress.”  Since a large reason for this blog is to keep track of my list in more detail than my Day Zero profile, I wanted to write up a progress report and include those things on the list that are too small (or too boring) to warrant their own blog post.

Completed tasks:

#11 – Find a type of wine that I like –
I now drink Riesling! I'm still an amateur wine drinker, but it's a start.
#14 – Go apple picking –
Posted on October 10, 2010
#48 – Back up and clean out all of my files on my hard drive and computer –
Boring, but done!
#51 – Read a non-fiction book all the way through  –
I read Bossypants by Tina Fey.  She is absolutely hilarious!  I may actually do a post on the book later.
#64 – Get a Kitchen Aid stand mixer –
A Christmas gift from my dad!
#67 – Go to the FAO Schwartz store –

On November 24, 2010!

#70 – Take a walk in Central Park –
Posted on September 20, 2010
#74 – Visit the Sony Wonder Technology Lab –
Posted on October 31, 2010
#75 – See a show at Radio City Music Hall –

We saw the Radio City Christmas Spectacular!  On November 24, 2010

#79 – Go to Cape Cod with Kevin –
Posted on June 21, 2011
#89 – Buy and use reusable shopping bags –
Another one that's rather boring, but done!  Now we have fewer plastic bags floating around our apartment.
Tasks in progress:

#17 – Get to my goal weight –
Started Weight Watchers last week.  I'm keeping the numbers to myself, but so far so good!
#21 – Take my vitamins every day for a month –
Started on June 22, a week and a half down so far!
#37 – Send 10 “Just Because” cards –
Six sent so far, more to come.  If you like to get mail, let me know and I'll send you one!
#39 – Get my MA in Industrial/Organizational Psychology –
Finished my first year and passed my comprehensive exam, second year and internship to come!
#45 – Blog once a week for six months –
Partially the reason for the increase in blog posts lately.  It will probably slow down from posts every day to posts every few days as my internship picks up.  I'd currently guess I'll probably aim for twice a week, unless it gets to be too much.
#46 – Make an iTunes playlist of 101 of my favorite songs –
I've picked the songs, but until I actually make the playlist, it's not official!  I'll post the list when I'm finished.
#49 – Read 10 books I’ve been meaning to read –
I've read five so far, and two are on deck (both are Harry Potter books)!  This has been one of the most enjoyable tasks on the list.
#53 – Watch 26 movies I’ve never seen – one for each letter of the alphabet –
I've watched 17 so far!  This one has also been a ton of fun, one of my favorites on the list.  I can't wait to show you all the final list! (You can see the partially completed list on my DZ profile)
#54 – Watch every episode of NCIS in order –
I've finished seasons one through three, started season four.  I love this show.
So that's how it's going so far!  If you like the idea of this project, take a look at the Day Zero Project website and blog for more info.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for the progress on your list! I'm glad I got to be a part of a couple of those. =)

    And about the mail thing...I want one! I was thinking I should send letters to people yesterday. (see related tweet)

    ReplyDelete