Friday, July 8, 2011

#51 - Read a Non-Fiction Book All the Way Through

As promised, a post dedicated to reading a non-fiction book!

Ever since I was a kid, I hated the words "non-fiction." I associated it with biographies and therefore with history, which was one of my least favorite subjects in school.  I understand that history is important and we learn from past mistakes, et cetera, but I just can't get on board.  It's too much memorizing and not enough fun.

Because of my aversion to history, I have never read an entire biography or non-fiction book.  This is why I added it to my list.  But I got lucky - instead of reading something about a World War or an American president (both good to know about, but not exactly light reading), Tina Fey came out with her book


Tina Fey is hilarious.  Seriously, at multiple points in the book, I was literally laughing out loud and reading passages to Kevin.  If you haven't read it already, I highly recommend it.  You will laugh, you will cry, you will watch 30 Rock on Hulu.  My favorite quote, on magazine photoshoots:
 "It's hard to take because it's more positive feedback than you've received in your entire life thrown at you in fifteen seconds.  It would be like going jogging while someone rode next to you in a slow-moving car, yelling, 'Yes!  You are Carl Lewis!  You're breaking a world record right now.  Amazing!  You are fast.  You are going very fast, yes.'"
Read it.  It's awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment